Skip to content

Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation

September 22, 2009

In the second half of 2011, a new agency called the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau will be created to respond to complaints about all financial products.

Until then, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) regulates your lender if it is state-chartered and not a member of the Federal Reserve system.  You can ask your lender if they are regulated by the FDIC.

The FDIC directly examines and supervises about 5,250 banks and savings banks, more than half of the institutions in the banking system.

Our Suggestion

If you cannot figure out who regulates your lender, we suggest filing your complaint with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC)The Federal Reserve Board (FRB), and your State Banking Office.  Both the OCC and the FRB promise to reroute complaints mistakenly filed with them.

How to File a Complaint

Use the FDIC’s online complaint form to file your complaint.

FDIC Contact Information

Consumer Response Center
2345 Grand Boulevard, Suite 100
Kansas City, MO  64108

TOLL-FREE:  (877) 275-3342

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: