Skip to content

"Show Me the Note" Buys Homeowners Time

March 6, 2009

A new foreclosure tactic is sweeping the nation, known as “Show Me the Note,” or “Produce the Note.” Many times, a lender foreclosing on a home won’t readily have the original mortgage note available. Homeowners can ask the lender to produce it, stalling the proceedings so that the borrower has more time and leverage to work out a modification or other agreement with the lender. See the Consumer Warning Network for more information, including their handy page on how to ask your lender to “Show Me the Note” if you or someone you know is facing foreclosure.

  1. R P Starcher permalink
    January 8, 2010 7:03 pm

    A short sale in progress and lender is now filing a unlawful detainer ruining any chance of my renting a decent apartment. I have been rejected for a nice apartment due to this lawsuit. The people who wanted to do the short sale, at least 2 parties withdrew as the house is in such bad shape that they did not want to sink the their money in to this pit.

    I have not been served by the court as they file the suit on 1/7/2010, and I was suppose to move on 1/15/2010.

    So what should I do?

    R P Starcher
    phone 1 714 761 3229

  2. Jim Patrick permalink
    August 28, 2010 5:37 pm

    I am trying to find a Colorado attorney to help me with the PRODUCE THE NOTE paper work and court forms. If it ends up in a law suit, then I also need a Colorado attorney to help me with this. If you know an attorney or someone who has
    had success with this process, please E-mail me ASAP


Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: